Your skin is the largest organ you have, but it is often taken for granted until you begin to notice the negative effects of sun, weather, and aging. If you are now experiencing the worries of uneven skin pigmentation, rough, leathery texture of your skin, fine wrinkles, and blemishes, Dr. Chin suggests that a chemical peel may be the solution for you.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Before Hydroquinone Peel
After Hydroquinone Peel
Chemical peels use blends of safe and effective solutions of natural acids (AHAs, TCAs and retinoids, for example) to improve and smooth the skin texture by removing the damaged outer layers. The formulas combine exfoliating acids, melanogenesis inhibitors and skin-strengthening agents to provide maximum benefits with minimal discomfort and little to no down-time. The synergistic effect of their ingredients provides corrective and nutritive benefits while exfoliating the surface of the skin to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and even skin tone. Dr. Chin has chosen to use PCA Skin chemical peels as they originated, modified and enhanced Jessner’s chemical peels formulations. They consistently apply innovation and scientific research in the development of their peel solutions and have been used in addressing numerous skin conditions with proven formulations for over two decades.
There are several types of peels that are offered by Dr. Chin.
- Modified and enhanced Jessner’s peels soften the appearance of surface lines around the eyes and nasolabial folds, help improve acne, smooth skin texture and even skin tone, especially in oily skin. These PCA peels combine AHA (alphahydroxy acid) with kojic acid, (with or without hydroquinone) with a modified Jessner’s solution to address uneven skin tone from sun damage and hormonal changes.
- Blended tricholoroacetic acid (TCA) peels are exceptional for the treatment of aging skin, acne, uneven skin tone, and the appearance of lines and wrinkles, especially in drier skin types. Most of these blends work wonderfully for ethnic skin or darker skin types. A special blend of TCA, salicylic, and lactic acid is also available for treating skin of the body to produce an overall improvement in skin tone, texture, and appearance.
- Retinoid treatments create mild occlusion to enhance absorption of the vitamins, antioxidants, and rich actives into the skin for maximum benefits. The retinol content also increases cell renewal as does post-treatment exfoliation. Dr. Chin also offers a specialized 6% Pure Retinol Peel for those with resilient skin, as it provides dramatic and rapid rejuvenation of the skin.
- Peel treatment enhancements also provide an additional corrective component to any professional treatment by infusing the skin with essential antioxidants and vitamins and reducing potential post-procedure inflammation.
Is A Chemical Peel Right for Me?
Many people seek chemical peels to address the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Scaly patches and rough skin
- Acne and acne scars
- Brown marks, freckles, and skin pigmentation
- Age and liver spots
- Sun-damaged skin on the face or head (and nearly any other place on the body!)
If you feel that a peel may be just what you need to change your complexion back to a more youthful look, we invite you to call our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vivian Chin to see if chemical peels are for you. Call 212-396-3672 or click here to email us.
Dr. Chin also offers many different types of Image Skincare chemical peels. Our signature chemical peels help to reverse the visible effects of damage in two ways. First, they power away dull, dead cells to illuminate the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, clogged pores and blemishes. Then, they support collagen for firmer-looking skin over time. These treatments include chemical peels, enzymatic peels, and oxygenating treatments. Ask Dr. Chin which chemical peel will best target your skin’s individual needs.
Ultra-resurfacing blend of glycolic acid combined with retinol to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Buddelja stem cells reduce inflammation and diminish photo-aging, botanical coffee and peppermint energize, while eucalyptus and ylang ylang purify the skin.
Skin type indications: Aging, wrinkles, rough complexion, uneven skin tone, smokers’ skin, tired/dull skin, oily/acne, fine lines/wrinkles
WRINKLE LIFT® FORTE
This advanced treatment is formulated with additional glycolic acid and an innovative blend of firming and anti-aging properties, to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin type indications: Advanced aging, fine lines/wrinkles, rough complexion, uneven skin tone, smokers’ skin, tired/dull skin, oily/acne
This distinct blend of active exfoliants works synergistically to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, correct uneven skin tone, smooth rough texture and reduce acne blemishes.
Skin type indications: Aging, pigmentation, acne
PERFECTION LIFT® FORTE
This concentrated blend of lactic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol works synergistically to quickly and effectively reduce the appearance of advanced aging, pigmentation and acne. This extra strength treatment reveals a younger you in a single treatment.
Skin type indications: Advanced aging, pigmentation, acne
A potent blend of AHA’s and BHA’s with protective agents to effectively treat all grades of acne.
Skin type indications: Acne, oily, acne-prone, aging
This powerful non-blended salicylic acid treatment quickly and effectively targets and improves moderate/severe acne.
Skin type indications: Acne, oily, aging
Uneven complexions have met their match. Lactic acid blended with kojic acid and a cocktail of brightening agents to reduce all forms of pigmentation.
Skin type indications: Pigmentation, aging, dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, age/sun spots, photodamaged, redness-prone, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
LIGHTENING LIFT® FORTE
This results-driven treatment combines the most innovative and effective botanical brighteners with echinacea, plant-derived stem cells and anti-aging peptides for youthful, illuminated skin.
Skin type indications: Advanced pigmentation, aging, dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, age spots, redness-prone, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
TCA ORANGE PEEL®
A physician-only TCA/salicylic acid peel that aggressively treats aging and sun-damaged skin. A single application can reveal a new you!
Skin type indications: severe photo damage, moderate to severe pigmentation, acne scarring, only for Fitzpatrick skin types I-III
Enzymatic peels utilize gently exfoliating fruit-based enzymes to dissolve dead skin cells, support skin cell renewal and soften skin texture with minimal irritation. Perfect for all skin types, especially dry or sensitive skin, our professional enzyme peels deliver powerful skin rejuvenation and visible results in just one treatment.
Vitamin C and fruit enzymes blended in an organic aloe vera base visibly reduce redness and brighten the skin while hyaluronic acid provides superior hydration. New technology of centella stem cells support redness prone skin and botanical detoxifying and energizing complexes give noticeable results in just one session.
Skin type indications: Redness-prone, dry/dehydrated, smoker’s skin, tired/ dull, post-microdermabrasion, oily/acne
Organic ingredients (including pumpkin, pineapple, papaya, and mango fruit enzymes) combined with medical effectiveness work to rebalance, regenerate and restore skin while comfrey stem cells boost cellular turnover.
Skin type indications: Unbalanced, irritated, sensitive, teen
OXYGENATING SKIN TREATMENT
Oxygen offers numerous benefits for a healthy, radiant complexion: It helps bring clarity to troubled skin, purifies clogged pores, supports collagen production and brightens dullness. Available from Dr. Chin, the oxygenating O2 Lift peel delivers an instant, visible boost to invigorate the skin and give it a gorgeous glow.
This luxurious skin care treatment infuses oxygen, plant-derived stem cells, peptides and a high concentration of enzymatic botanicals into the skin leaving it luminous, refreshed and rejuvenated.
Skin type indications: Sensitive, dry, dull, clogged pores, skin in need of a refresh
SilkPeel Microdermabrasion with Dermalinfusion
Dr. Vivian Chin offers another method of providing smoother, softer skin known as Microdermabrasion.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical procedure that allows you to rejuvenate and revitalize your skin in less than an hour with no down-time. Microdermabrasion, and specifically the SilkPeel Dermalinfusion system used by Dr. Chin, addresses a large variety of skin conditions and concerns, and is suitable for all skin types. Microdermabrasion has virtually no restrictions on treating any area of the body, including the face and décolletage, hips and thighs, back and shoulders, underarms, and hands, feet, knees and elbows.
What problems does Microdermabrasion treat?
This procedure is commonly utilized and results are seen for both men and women with:
- Moderate acne scarring and/or some facial scars, hyperpigmentation, and melasma
- Dry skin
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Keratosis pilaris on arms and legs
- The effects of sun damage
How does Microdermabrasion work?
The microdermabrasion procedure uses either a diamond-tipped hand piece or a fine mist of crystals to mechanically exfoliate and smooth your skin. The combination of the fine abrasive action is coupled with a vacuum suction to remove the dead outer layer of skin. This brings the new, softer skin with a more even texture to the surface. Because microdermabrasion is so precise, the procedure is virtually pain-free and tolerated by most sensitive skin types and for all skin colors.
Dr. Chin uses the SilkPeel Diamond Dermalinfusion technology, which has instant and cumulative results. Skin shows immediate and noticeable improvement in volume, hydration, tone and texture. The SilkPeel offers multiple benefits, including:
- Exfoliation of the dry, dead skin cells that result in a dull, sallow complexion.
- Infusion of professional-strength serums, developed to address specific skin conditions.
- Detoxifying lymphatic drainage – a type of gentle massage intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from tissues.
- Deep pore cleansing due to vacuum pressure that flushes pores with condition-specific pro-infusion solutions, removing dirt and debris.
Condition-specific pro-infusion solutions include:
- Lumixyl ® Pro-Infusion Solution: features the revolutionary Lumixyl peptide, which is non-toxic and instantly brightens skin while significantly improving uneven pigmentation, sun damage, hyperpigmentation and melasma.
- ClarityMD ® Pore Clarifying Pro-Infusion Solution delivers salicylic acid and a botanical complex which promotes clear, calm skin. This formula addresses the major causes of acne – bacterial infection, clogged pores, and excess oil production – while soothing redness and swelling and fighting post-inflammatory hyperpigmention.
- The Skin Hydrating Pro-Infusion Solution uses hyaluronic acid to re-hydrate chronically dehydrated skin. This solution moisturizes, plumps skin, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The Vitamin C Skin Hydrating Pro-Infusion Solution helps correct the effects of environmental damage by revitalizing dull, tired skin. Skin is brightened immediately and the targeted ingredients help ward off long-term UV damage.
Is Microdermabrasion right for me?
During your personalized consultation with Dr. Chin, she will examine you, discuss your concerns with you, and then confirm if Microdermabrasion is the right answer for you. She will also recommend a pro-infusion solution, or combination of solutions, for your specific skin condition(s).
Microdermabrasion is one of the safest rejuvenation procedures on the market today. In the hands of a skilled professional like Dr. Chin, this procedure can enhance the results of the outer skin and achieve younger, vibrant-looking skin, while still keeping up with your busy lifestyle. The SilkPeel is offered as a standalone treatment, as well as an add-on to other customized skin treatments. While a single treatment will improve the health of your skin, most patients find that a series of 4-6 SilkPeel treatments 1-2 weeks apart for best results.
To make an appointment with Dr. Chin, call 212-396-3672 or click here to email us.
Kybella™ is the first and only FDA-approved, NON-surgical treatment to improve the appearance of your “double chin” (submental fullness). Double chins are a common condition that can occur due to aging, weight fluctuations, and possibly even genetics. For some individuals, no matter how much they diet or exercise, the double chin does not go away. Double chins often make people look “heavier” and older than their actual age.
Kybella is a 15-20 minute, in-office injection treatment that is customized to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and is ideal for moderate to severe submental fullness. Kybella is made up of deoxycholic acid (a naturally-occurring chemical in your body) that permanently destroys the fat cells of your double chin. After the injection, the area becomes swollen for a few days.
Kybella can be a single treatment, but most individuals require a series of two to four treatments. Some patients may require up to six treatments to reach their ideal aesthetic. Each treatment is administered one month or more apart.
HOW KYBELLA® WORKS
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH KYBELLA®
Before starting treatment, your healthcare specialist will examine the area under and around your chin to determine if KYBELLA® is right for you. Then, your specialist will tailor your treatment to the amount of fat under the chin and your aesthetic goals.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
Treatment can only be administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
How many KYBELLA® treatment sessions will I need?
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. Your healthcare specialist will help determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Each KYBELLA® treatment session is given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments. In clinical studies, 59% of patients received 6 treatments.
Will I need time to recover?
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform your healthcare professional if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing.