Your skin is the largest organ you have, but it is often taken for granted until you begin to notice the negative effects of sun, weather, and aging. If you are now experiencing the worries of uneven skin pigmentation, rough, leathery texture of your skin, fine wrinkles, and blemishes, Dr. Chin suggests that a chemical peel may be the solution for you.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Before Hydroquinone Peel
After Hydroquinone Peel
Chemical peels use blends of safe and effective solutions of natural acids (AHAs, TCAs and retinoids, for example) to improve and smooth the skin texture by removing the damaged outer layers. The formulas combine exfoliating acids, melanogenesis inhibitors and skin-strengthening agents to provide maximum benefits with minimal discomfort and little to no down-time. The synergistic effect of their ingredients provides corrective and nutritive benefits while exfoliating the surface of the skin to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and even skin tone. Dr. Chin has chosen to use PCA Skin chemical peels as they originated, modified and enhanced Jessner’s chemical peels formulations. They consistently apply innovation and scientific research in the development of their peel solutions and have been used in addressing numerous skin conditions with proven formulations for over two decades.
There are several types of peels that are offered by Dr. Chin.
- Modified and enhanced Jessner’s peels soften the appearance of surface lines around the eyes and nasolabial folds, help improve acne, smooth skin texture and even skin tone, especially in oily skin. These PCA peels combine AHA (alphahydroxy acid) with kojic acid, (with or without hydroquinone) with a modified Jessner’s solution to address uneven skin tone from sun damage and hormonal changes.
- Blended tricholoroacetic acid (TCA) peels are exceptional for the treatment of aging skin, acne, uneven skin tone, and the appearance of lines and wrinkles, especially in drier skin types. Most of these blends work wonderfully for ethnic skin or darker skin types. A special blend of TCA, salicylic, and lactic acid is also available for treating skin of the body to produce an overall improvement in skin tone, texture, and appearance.
- Retinoid treatments create mild occlusion to enhance absorption of the vitamins, antioxidants, and rich actives into the skin for maximum benefits. The retinol content also increases cell renewal as does post-treatment exfoliation. Dr. Chin also offers a specialized 6% Pure Retinol Peel for those with resilient skin, as it provides dramatic and rapid rejuvenation of the skin.
- Peel treatment enhancements also provide an additional corrective component to any professional treatment by infusing the skin with essential antioxidants and vitamins and reducing potential post-procedure inflammation.
Is A Chemical Peel Right for Me?
Many people seek chemical peels to address the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Scaly patches and rough skin
- Acne and acne scars
- Brown marks, freckles, and skin pigmentation
- Age and liver spots
- Sun-damaged skin on the face or head (and nearly any other place on the body!)
If you feel that a peel may be just what you need to change your complexion back to a more youthful look, we invite you to call our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vivian Chin to see if chemical peels are for you. Call 212-396-3672 or click here to email us.