Recently engaged? Congratulations! Now is the time to think about how you’re going to look in photos! Here are some suggestions on how to get flawless skin leading up to your Big Day and beyond.
- Assess your skin needs and what your goals are. With this in mind, you can better understand what you want to achieve and set yourself up for success. A professional consultation always helps for more targeted recommendations.
- Get your skincare routine in order as early as possible. Oftentimes when starting a new routine, skin can experience a bit of a ‘purge’ as any acne that was brewing underneath (and was going to come up anyway) can surface. The goal is to make sure you have a consistent routine that works so that no surprises erupt on or near the Big Day!
- If you are thinking about getting neuromodulators such as (Botox®, Xeomin®, or Dysport®) or dermal fillers in face or lips, try the treatments 6 months to a year before the Big Day. Neuromodulators can take up to 2 weeks for full effect and fillers will need time to settle. You don’t want any surprises close to the day, so doing these treatments early will ensure that the results meet your desired expectations. Then, you can comfortably have a touch up 3-4 weeks before your wedding day, if needed.
- If laser hair removal is something you were considering, now is the time! Winter is the most appropriate time of year for any laser treatment due to the lack of sun exposure. Most people need 6-8 treatments spaced a few weeks apart are generally needed, so the sooner the better!
Think long term!
- It’s never too late to start taking excellent care of your skin. Regular professional treatments, such as custom face treatments, chemical peels, and SilkPeel® microdermabrasion help your skin exfoliate. Monthly treatments are great for creating that flawless glow. Treatments are tailored for your specific skin concerns such as acne, large pores, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and more.
- Moisturize your skin. A skin care regimen is not only important leading up to the big day, it is also important in your skin care health overall. Be kind to your skin and your skin will be kind to you!
- Always wear sunscreen. Most sunscreens block harmful radiation that causes aging. Even in winter, the sun can cause damage in the form of dark spots or wrinkles.
Take care of yourself!
- Eat well and drink water. Load up on antioxidants and stay away from processed, chemically-enhanced food. Exercise. Drink water regularly. Hydration is a key ingredient for healthier skin and a healthier you! We all know these things, but now is the time to pay extra care in taking care of yourself, as you may be experiencing more stress than usual.
- Lastly, remember what is important. Don’t forget that the ceremony or celebration is about the two of you and your relationship. Spend quality time with your partner not-talking about plans. Take a walk and a deep breath every now and then. Exercise will help with blood and lymph flow, detoxifying your skin and energizing you. Not only will this help calm any stress, but it’ll help deliver oxygen to your skin!
If you would like to get specific about your pre-event skin care, call 212-396-3672 to schedule a complimentary consultation today!
Copyright © 2016-2019 Koru Wellness Aesthetics. All rights reserved.
This article does not contain and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Use of this article/social media does not create a physician-patient relationship between you and Dr. Vivian Chin/Koru Wellness Aesthetics.