Neuromodulator treatments can help relax wrinkles that are caused by facial muscle expression. At Koru Wellness Aesthetics, we recommend first booking a consultation with Dr. Chin to discuss the look you want for the areas you want treated. At the consultation, you will discuss the estimated dosage for your specific concerns and what to expect regarding results. As a boutique medical aesthetics practice, we believe in custom treatments that are specifically tailored to your facial features and goals. Dr. Chin is passionate about teaching patients about neuromodulator and is happy to answer any questions or address any concerns with you.
We all want you to love your results with us at Koru Wellness Aesthetics. By following these tips, you can help make the difference between a good result and a great result.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24 hours before treatment to decrease risk of bruising.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications 5-7 days before treatment as they can increase bruising. Please consult with your healthcare provider if any of those medications are by prescription/recommendation before stopping.
- Schedule your Botox appointment 4 weeks prior to a big event (wedding, vacation, etc.) to give time for settling of neuromodulator, bruising, or any dosage adjustments.
- It is fine to fly on an airplane before or after neuromodulator injections.
- Schedule any face treatments (facials, chemical peels, DiamondGlows) before injectable treatments if you would like to book same-day services.
- We do not perform microneedling or laser treatments on the same day as Botox if treating the same area and recommend waiting 2 weeks after microneedling to do any neuromodulator treatments.
- Patient “before” baseline photos are required prior to treatment to measure your progress, but don’t worry – we take privacy very seriously and won’t share any photos without your permission.
- We offer and accept Allergan Allē rebates and Evolus Rewards for additional savings! Ask our friendly Patient Concierges for more details.
The guidelines to follow post-treatment have been followed for years and are still recommended today to prevent unwanted side effects like ptosis.
- Redness and small bumps may be seen immediately after treatment – these generally resolve within 30-60 minutes and are due to pressure and the liquid neuromodulator that needs to be absorbed into the muscles.
- No straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for at least 3-4 hours following treatment. (We generally recommend 24-48 hours to be safer.) Neuromodulator takes approximately 2 hours to bind itself to the nerve to start to work. We do not want to increase circulation to that area to spread the effect of the neurmodulator.
- Light exercise like walking or Pilates is ok. If doing yoga, beware of positions that put pressure on the areas injected, like child’s pose on the forehead.
- Avoid alcohol the evening of injection to decrease risk of bruising, but if you don’t see any bruising, it should be fine.
- Avoid manipulation of the injected areas for 3-4 hours following treatment for the same reasons listed above. This includes not doing a facial, peel, or microdermabrasion after treatment with neuromodulators (but before treatment is fine!).
- Avoid putting pressure on the areas injected for at least 24-48 hours. E.g. try not to sleep on your face. Be careful getting a massage or other treatment where your face is in a face cradle for at least 7 days after treatment.
- When you cleanse your face and apply moisturizers to your forehead, do so in an upward direction as shown during your treatment.
- Facial exercises in the injected areas are recommended for 1 hour following treatment to stimulate the binding of the toxin only to this localized area, however it is not required. The exercises may also speed up the neuromodulator taking effect. To do this, wrinkle the treated areas and hold for a few seconds, then relax.
- Neuromodulators can take 2-14 days to take full effect. Smaller doses will take longer for full effect. It is recommended that you contact our office no later than 3 weeks after treatment if desired effect was not achieved and no sooner to give the neuromodulator time to work.
- Light makeup may be applied with a clean applicator before leaving the office. Some practitioners recommend avoiding Retin-A, Glycolic acid, Vitamin C, and Kinerase for 24 hrs to the treated areas to avoid irritation of the injection sites.
If you have any other questions or concerns, or to book your consultation or appointment, please feel free to call our friendly and helpful patient concierges at 212-396-3672.
This post does not contain medical advice and should not be construed as such. Speak with your healthcare provider regarding any healthcare issues before treatment.