1. As Benjamin Franklin says – “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Many people start Botox as a preventive measure. If your wrinkles haven’t “set” in yet, now is the perfect time to start! By starting relatively early, you prevent the wrinkles from becoming more permanent creases. Once your wrinkles are there even when your face isn’t moving, it’s going to be a lot harder – if not impossible – to soften them. We start with conservative, smaller doses (depending on your individual anatomy) and hopefully you’ll only need the smaller doses for years to come! If your muscles are very strong, you’re going to need higher doses. I generally start with my standard dose and we can stay or go up from there! (On another note, this is another reason to be loyal to your injector – this process is a journey and you will likely have to start it all over again whenever you go to a new injector!)
2. You’re on the job hunt. Unfortunately, in this selfie, youth-glamourizing culture that we’re living in, a lot of older patients have a more difficult time finding a job. I have a few patients who have undergone injectable treatment to stay competitive in the job market (and have succeeded!).
3. You’re getting ready for a big event. Most commonly, people get Botox (or fillers) before a wedding, a reunion, or the winter holidays! My advice to brides and grooms first thinking about injectables is to come in for a consultation once you’ve picked out your wedding date and set your budget! You want to be comfortable with your injector and ideally have had at least one full treatment with them – where you are happy with the results – before the Big Day so that you know you’ll love your results. You will want to time it out so that you can have 2 treatments before, which could be about 4-6 months beforehand!
4. You’ll be noticed again – by men and women! Many of my patients have told me that as they have aged over 50, no matter what they looked like before (but especially if they were cute as all of my patients are!), they find themselves ignored more often than not. Not that they want lewd comments or are necessarily vain, but they have found that they want to be recognized as people worthy of general attention again.
5. You want to look like yourself again. Aging affects people in different ways. One day, you look in the mirror and you don’t recognize yourself, wondering where the time has gone and when those pesky lines appeared. (Trust me, I’ve been there!) After injectable treatments, I have literally had patients thank me for giving them back their face from years ago – the face they remember themselves having. My purpose for most of my patients is to restore some years to the face – what they present to the world.
6. Bonus: For fun! It’s a great treatment to try. The results in general last 3-4 months (less if we put less in) and it’s a great anti-aging treatment. The art and science of treatment has changed a lot over the last few years, with newly refined techniques and technologies. Most of my patients don’t want a “frozen” face – our goal is to help you look the way you want to look: fresh, not frozen.
Copyright © 2016-2019 Koru Wellness Aesthetics. All rights reserved.
This article does not contain and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Use of this article/social media does not create a physician-patient relationship between you and Dr. Vivian Chin/Koru Wellness Aesthetics.