Koru Wellness Aesthetics offers another method of providing smoother, softer skin known as wet microdermabrasion. The DiamondGlow® treatment is our best-selling most popular facial treatment! Please ask us about our packages.
What is the DiamondGlow® Treatment?
Leading with innovation and backed by science, DiamondGlow® is a new way to unlock your skin’s potential and reveal your radiance. The DiamondGlow® treatment is more than a facial. Unlike traditional wet microdermabrasion facial treatments, which rely on physical exfoliation to treat skin at surface level, DiamondGlow’s® patented recessed diamond tip wand delivers a next-level resurfacing treatment that deeply cleans and rejuvenates the skin.
In general, microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-invasive, relaxing procedure that allows you to rejuvenate and revitalize your skin in less than an hour with no down-time. Wet microdermabrasion, and specifically the DiamondGlow® system used by our staff at Koru Wellness Aesthetics, addresses a large variety of skin conditions and concerns, and is suitable for all skin types. Microdermabrasion has virtually no restrictions on treating any area of the body, including the face and décollete, hips and thighs, back and shoulders, underarms, and hands, feet, knees and elbows.
Unlike other treatments, DiamondGlow® is customized to you— combining a precision diamond tip to match your skin’s needs, targeted SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums, and a perfectly curated, at-home SkinMedica® skincare regimen to keep your glow going.
How does the DiamondGlow® Treatment work?
The transformative power of DiamondGlow® starts in our signature wand. Built with innovative 3X1™ technology, the wand simultaneously exfoliates, extracts debris, and infuses the skin with professional-grade SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serum when pores are open and most receptive. The six DiamondGlow® diamond tips allow your aesthetic provider at Koru Wellness Aesthetics to customize your treatment to suit your skin. Each tip is specifically designed for maximum efficacy and exfoliation for specific skin concerns.
The combination of the fine abrasive action is coupled with a vacuum suction to remove the dead outer layer of skin. This brings the new, softer skin with a more even texture to the surface. Because microdermabrasion is so precise, the procedure is virtually pain-free and tolerated by most sensitive skin types and for all skin colors.
At Koru Wellness Aesthetics, we use DiamondGlow® technology, which has instant and cumulative results. Skin shows immediate and noticeable improvement in volume, hydration, tone and texture. The DiamondGlow® treatment offers multiple benefits, including:
- Exfoliation of the dry, dead skin cells that result in a dull, sallow complexion.
- Infusion of professional-strength serums, developed to address specific skin conditions.
- Detoxifying lymphatic drainage – a type of gentle massage intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from tissues.
- Deep pore cleansing due to vacuum pressure that flushes pores with condition-specific pro-infusion solutions, removing dirt and debris.
What problems does the DiamondGlow® treat?
This procedure is commonly utilized and results are seen for both men and women with:
- Moderate acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and melasma
- Dry, dull skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough skin
- Clogged pores
- The effects of sun damage
- Uneven skin tone
The science and research that go into SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums deliver exceptional skincare with truly meaningful results. The DiamondGlow® wand is designed to work with SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums tailored to specific skin concerns for a highly customizable treatment. All of our SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums are sulfate/sulfite-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free.
Condition-specific Pro-Infusion Serums include the Signature and Core Serums:
- Signature Serums:
- Even & Correct® Advanced Brightening Pro-Infusion Solution features our exclusive LTN Complex™ plus exfoliating glycolic and phytic acids to help correct the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots. The solution instantly brightens skin while significantly improving uneven pigmentation, sun damage, hyperpigmentation and melasma.
- The Skin Hydrating HA5® Pro-Infusion Solution uses five types of hyaluronic acid to re-hydrate chronically dehydrated skin. This solution moisturizes, plumps skin, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- TNS® Anti-Wrinkle Pro-Infusion Solution targets coarse wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin, and enhances tone and texture.
- Core Serums:
- SkinMedica® Pore Clarifying Pro-Infusion Solution powerfully addresses imperfections, promoting clearer skin. Ideal for acne-prone skin. This treatment delivers salicylic acid and a botanical complex which promotes clear, calm skin. This treatment addresses the major causes of acne – bacterial infection, clogged pores, and excess oil production – while soothing redness and swelling and fighting post-inflammatory hyperpigmention.
- The Vitamin C Skin Hydrating Pro-Infusion Solution provides a deep dose of antioxidants to rejuvenate and protect. This solution helps correct the effects of environmental damage by revitalizing dull, tired skin. Skin is brightened immediately and the targeted ingredients help ward off long-term UV damage.
Is the DiamondGlow® treatment right for me?
During your personalized consultation with Dr. Chin or another of our trusted providers, she will examine you, discuss your concerns with you, and then confirm if the DiamondGlow® is the right answer for you. She will also recommend a specific pro-infusion solution, or combination of solutions, for your specific skin condition(s).
Microdermabrasion is one of the safest rejuvenation procedures on the market today. In the hands of a skilled professional like Dr. Chin and our trained staff, this procedure can enhance the results of the outer skin and achieve younger, vibrant-looking skin, while still keeping up with your busy lifestyle. The DiamondGlow® treatment used to be known as the SilkPeel Dermalinfusion® treatment and utilizes the same technology.
The DiamondGlow® is offered as a standalone treatment, as well as an add-on to other customized skin treatments. While a single treatment will improve the health of your skin, most patients find that a series of 4-6 DiamondGlow® treatments 1-2 weeks apart for best results when targeting a specific area of concern. Most of our patients come in monthly for this fabulous treatment!
To keep the glow going at home, use your recommended SkinMedica® regimen at home! To order, please visit our SkinMedica® site.
In addition, our practice participates in Allē rewards. Receive Allē points on DiamondGlow® treatments that can be used for future savings on DiamondGlow®, SkinMedica®, and other Allergan Aesthetics in-office treatments/products!
To make an appointment with Dr. Chin, call 212-396-3672 or click here to email us.
About the DiamondGlow® Treatment at Koru Wellness Aesthetics
We call our DiamondGlow® treatment a “facial on steroids” because it provides you with a relaxing and revitalizing experience that will leave your skin glowing and refreshed immediately after treatment. The system uses a diamond-tipped handpiece to exfoliate evenly and dermalinfusion technology that simultaneously extracts, and infuses the skin with customized serums. With no down-time, patients love this as a monthly treatment!
This facial treatment includes a professional cleanse, DiamondGlow® treatment with 1 pass on the neck and 2 passes on the face, custom skincare masque, and finishing skincare.
For squeaky clean skin, we recommend adding on extractions for deeply clogged pores, or LED light therapy for extra collagen support or acne treatment. All prices + sales tax; gratuity included.
2100 none none true true true Close Next Previous The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later.
Body Areas Treated:
Face, Neck and Decollete
Arms and Hands
Intensify your DiamondGlow® treatment with a chemical peel!
By adding extra exfoliation, both treatments provide better results with savings.
DiamondGlow® + Level 1 Chemical Peel
DiamondGlow®+ Level 2 Chemical Peel
DiamondGlow®+ Level 3 Chemical Peel
DiamondGlow®+ VI Peel® Advanced
DiamondGlow®+ VI Peel® with Precision Plus
DiamondGlow®+ VI Peel® Purify with Precision Plus